It’s been a challenging and ever-changing situation for us all. Over the last six weeks, we had implemented new rules and disciplines when the first cases started to emerge in the world by purchasing hand wash, anti-bacterial gel, masks, PPE and cleaning solutions.
Since then, we have secured raw materials stored off-site for contingency and pipeline disruption, established our flow of work electronically, adopted Microsoft Teams and installed most of our office personnel in their homes to work remotely.
We have segregated our factory employees in zones with split shifts; the remaining office staff who are not working remotely, are also separated. Any external visitors or visits to customers are prohibited. We have remote meetings, demos of our systems via video link, and as much separation as is possible adhering to the 3-metre rule. We regularly temperature check, clean everything and have some of our team self isolating with family members who may have symptoms.
All of this to ensure business continuity for as long as possible, safely, responsibly and ensuring we can support our customers.
96% of our products are manufactured in the UK, and the remaining 4% is from our Group in mainland Europe. We manufacture from raw materials; aluminium, steel, stainless steel and polyester powder coat to any RAL colour and other finishes. Our departments include sales, estimating, R&D, production control, accounts, HR, H&S, sheet metal, welding and fabricating, paint line, assembly, packing and despatch, our entire process from start to finish is in house.
We are as responsive, driven, passionate and committed as ever and we will deal with the coming weeks and months ahead professionally and responsibly.
The welfare of our team is paramount.
We are fully committed, while in work and out, to do the right thing and operate responsibly and are ensuring we help our customers in any way possible while satisfying all orders on time while we still can.
For over 35 years, we have built solid customer relationships and are grateful for every single order we receive large and small from all over the UK and worldwide. We never take any order for granted. We managed to come through the recession in 2007-2012, with careful planning and investment. Once again, our resilience and strength is being tested.
We hope that our customers continue to support us by ensuring we are paid in line with our credit terms and continue to communicate regularly with us. As we all navigate through these challenging conditions, this will ensure we all do the very best in the circumstances and keep us all viable and in the best possible health for post-Covid-19.
We have a long road ahead of us, but we are here, our team are available and will work with you to continue our mission to maintain our position as the UK’s leading mailbox manufacturer.
While our products and services are vitally important to us, our priorities lie elsewhere when our Government and NHS are fighting this emergency.
In our support of them and the Governments attempt to flatten the curve, we must act fast.
As such we have dramatically reduced our workforce and are home working and isolated as much as possible, only those unable to work at home and in good health can work in our factory with stringent preventative hygiene measures in place.
We will inform you of our closure date as soon as possible.
From myself and my fantastic, committed, world-class team, we send you our best wishes. Please stay safe, be responsible, help each other and remember whenever you can buy British!
If you would like to speak to someone at The Safety Letterbox Company urgently, you can contact each department on mobile numbers detailed on our Contact Us page.