Will this lock be suitable for my mailbox?
This lock can be used with any mailbox manufactured by RENZ. If you do not have a mailbox manufactured by RENZ, this lock cannot be used with the item.
Do I need a lock?
We will always advise you on the best and safest route to take when ordering replacement keys and locks. If you are new to a property that has previously been occupied then we suggest you change your lock as the previous occupiers may still hold keys.
How do I fit a RENZ mailbox lock?
Replacing the mailbox lock is straight forward and requires a basic level of DIY skill. Please use the following instructions to guide you through the process, or give us a call for any advise.
Important: Please work in a safe manner using relevant PPE guidelines (safety glasses & gloves)
- – Fit a 3.5mm diameter steel drill bit in a power drill to use.
- – Place the drill bit into the hole of the lock (be careful not to damage the body of the mailbox), drill straight and apply consistent pressure.
- – Drill into the lock to a depth of approximately 16mm. Once you have reached this depth, the internal pins will start to break down and you will feel the lock work a little loose.
- – Remove the drill and insert a small screw driver – twist the screw driver until the lock releases and the door opens.
- – The lock does not open – drill further into the lock and repeat.
- – Once the door of the mailbox is open:
- – Using a screwdriver, pry the small cap from the rear of the lock.
- – Remove the washer between the cap and the CAM arm
- – Remove the ‘CAM’ which holds the door closed.
- – Remove the securing clip which tightens and secures the lock to the body of the mailbox.
- – Place the new lock into the lock hole.
- – Fit the securing clip to the lock.
- – Using the new keys, check that the lock is now securing the door.