We have a variety of mailboxes that conform to the current EU Standards (EN13724) that are designed to ensure that mailboxes feature adequate mail aperture dimensions where items are posted.
The size of a mailbox aperture height can be reduced to minimise the risk of the product security being compromised and items being retrieved with the use of our Aperture Gap Restrictors. Please note, the adjustable gap restrictor can only be used with the Eurobox mailbox.
Two models of gap restrictors are available to combine with our mailbox range, either fitted at the time of manufacturing or retrospectively if an issue is experienced.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the purpose of a mail aperture restrictor?
– Mailboxes are typically manufactured with an aperture between 18mm (mailforce range) and 44mm (COM 2 – 219 model). Adding a mail aperture restrictor to a mailbox will reduce the available height for posting items to a minimum level whilst still allowing standard A4 sized mail to be posted, further enhancing the security of a product reducing the possibility of mail theft, identity theft, etc.
Q: I need a mail aperture restrictor for my mailbox – how do I get one?
– Take a photograph of your mailbox and measure the dimensions (just the width and the height will suffice).
– Return to this page and fill in the contact form – completing your details and attaching the photograph.
– Our sales representative will then be in touch shortly with information about pricing and delivery times.
Q: How do I fit my mail aperture restrictor?
– For mailboxes with steel doors, a small M3 size nut and bolt are supplied with with the aperture restrictor to securely fasten the item to the mailbox. Open the door of the mailbox, and line up the holes in both the aperture and door, fitting the bolt through the front face of the mailbox, and fastening the restrictor with the nut on the rear side of the door.
– For mailboxes with aluminium doors, loosen fixings on the mail restrictor, open the door and slide the restrictor onto the security bridge located inside mailbox underneath postal slot and tighten fixings.
– Get in touch with us and we will clarify under which door type category your mailbox falls into.